Over the past year or so, I’ve been using an app called RunKeeper. This App tracks each of my runs via GPS and records other cool information such as: average pace, pace per mile, total calories burned, total miles run, etc.
After a recent 4.00 mile run (in 31 minutes 32 seconds for an average pace of 7:53/mile and burning 505 calories – thanks RunKeeper!), I noticed that this app also tracks another great statistic: “Total Time Spent Exercising – This Month”
In April, it says that I spent 3 hrs 18 mins 59 secs exercising. To say it another way – of the 720 hours in April, I spent 0.461% of that time exercising.
Less than 1%.
And I am extremely fit as a result.
Here’s the lesson: What I do with 1% of my time GREATLY AFFECTS the other 99% of my time!
The same is true for your finances. If you spend less than 1% of your time each month preparing a budget and planning your giving, saving, investing, and insurance, it will GREATLY AFFECT how you will be able to live the other 99% of your life.
How about the following proposal for an approach at life?
- Spend 1% of your time exercising
- Spend 1% of your time planning your financial decisions
- Spend the rest of your time on awesome things like living a physically, relationally, spiritually, and financially healthy life!
Get fired up!