When you are called into a leadership role, you will inevitably face a very difficult situation that requires a hard decision.
And the moment will come when you realize you are the leader who must make that hard decision.
I’ve faced them as the leader of I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. and INJOY Stewardship Solutions.
I’ve had to make them as the leader of my family.
Here’s what I know to be true about this difficult decisions:
- It is no fun at all
- It exacts a pound of flesh from you
- Some people won’t understand the decision
- It never gets easier
I always run these decisions through the following filter:
- Glean all information I can via conversation and gathering data from everyone and everything involved
- Discussion with my bride
- Conversation with my leadership team
Here are some questions I ask:
- What is the real situation?
- What is the real decision that is needed?
- What is best for my family?
- What is best for the business?
- What is best for all parties involved?
This post is part of a Leadership Series here at the wildly popular JosephSangl.com. Click HERE to read more posts in the series.