Today, my bride and I are celebrating 17 years of marriage.
Count them. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 years.
What an amazing journey it has been:
- Having three children – a daughter, then a son, then another beautiful daughter
- Four great years at Purdue University. Then Clemson University for graduate school.
- Helping start NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC and watching it grow from 15 people to more than 32,000 people per weekend
- Renting a house and two apartments, then purchasing four different homes
- Working for a couple of huge publicly-traded companies, becoming a pastor at NewSpring, then launching I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. full-time
- Purchasing INJOY Stewardship Solutions
- Being broke and in debt up to our eyeballs all of the way to living a fully funded life
- Navigating tough circumstances together – knowing we have each other’s back all of the way through it
- Traveling all over God’s green earth to visit family and make memories
There are so many more great moments, and it is awesome to know we get to start our 18th year at the beach.
I love you, Jennifer Sangl!