I once heard a friend say, “I decided to decide.”
It was amusing when he said it because it was a strange use of the English language. However, he said it with such passion that it forced me to explore what he was really saying. I realized that this was one of the 5 Key Decisions That Helped Me Win With Money.
You see, we’ve all made decisions before where we did not follow through. Here are some common examples:
- Getting physically fit We decide to lose weight and get in shape. We purchase the treadmill and a weight set. A gym membership is secured. We purchase all the right workout gear. And then the treadmill and weight bench become just another place to store junk. The gym membership card is never scanned.
- Reading a book We decide we are going to read a book that we’ve heard others talking about. We purchase the book. The book arrives in the mail. It sits on the counter, nightstand, or near the toilet. Then it becomes buried under more books we wanted to read. Five years later, we rediscover the book and realize we’ve never read it.
- Preparing a budget We wanted to prepare a budget. We knew that having a budget was a good idea. A good budget tool was discovered (like this one). We even took the time to put some numbers into it. We went even further and forced INCOME – OUTGO to equal EXACTLY ZERO. Then we promptly pulled out the credit card and went to Olive Garden – completely violating the budget we just prepared.
“Deciding to decide” was one of the 5 Key Decisions That Helped Me Win With Money. It meant that not only was I making a decision, I was committing to actually follow through with it!
When I finally “decided to decide” to get my finances in order back in December 2002, it completely changed the trajectory of my financial future.
This is why I’m hosting a live online event where I could share all of these decisions in more detail with you right now, at the start of 2015. I really hope you will be able to join me and my bride for this special one-of-a-kind online event (it’s FREE).
“5 Key Decisions That Helped Us Win With Money – A Special Evening with Joe & Jenn Sangl” Live Online Event Details
- DATE: Sunday, 1/11/2015 at 8:00 PM Eastern (7:00 PM Central; 5:00 PM Pacific)
- DURATION: 60 minutes total (45 minutes teaching – 15 minutes Q&A)
- LOCATION: LIVE Online
- COST: FREE! (but you MUST register to secure your spot)
- REGISTER: Click HERE or copy and paste the following link in your favorite browser: http://iwasbrokenowimnot.com/5keydecisions