Well we’re getting ready to say goodbye to spring and hello to summertime! That means heat, no school, and lots of free time. In this tight economic time, a lot of people are getting very creative about how they spend their time and money. Let’s face it, we all want to have fun – even more so when the money is tight and times are stressful! Here are some ways that I have seen people having fun and it is costing them NOTHING (or next to it).
- Start a blog
- Listen to a podcast
- Play a board game, card game or any kind of game
- Check out the community calendar
- Library visits – just to peruse the books, magazines and check out free movies
- Bake a new dish using stuff that is already in the pantry and freezer
- Clean up the yard
- Learn a new skill (maybe how to change your car’s oil)
- Start a DIY project
- Start a new workout routine
- Attack one room in the house and reorganize it
- Volunteer at a local community center, food pantry, or animal shelter
- Take the train downtown to people watch – I LOVE doing this in Chicago!
- Catch up on some old shows with Hulu.com
- Take time to pet and play with the dog and cat
- Go on a hike or a walk
- Pick-up basketball games at the local park
These are a few ideas. What are your favorite things to do that cost little or no money?