A person who has participated in sports at any level understands the importance of having a coach.
The same is true for your finances. A financial coach will help you accomplish far more than you ever could on your own.
Let’s describe some characteristics of a great coach:
- Knowledge A great coach will bring deep knowledge to the person they are serving.
- Teacher Knowledge that cannot be transferred is worthless. Excellent coaches possess the ability to share their wisdom with players.
- Encouragement Players, even the greatest ones in all sports, routinely give credit to their coaches for their ability to encourage them and draw the very best effort out of them.
- Accountability Coaches hold players accountable for their performance, and provide discipline accordingly. Not to punish them, but to help them make progress toward the shared goal.
- Vision Leaders have vision. Proverbs 29:18 shares “Where there is no vision, the people perish …” A great coach will be able see potential in a person’s life and help them see it.
Proverbs 15:22 speaks to the importance of wise counsel (coaching): “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”
Your financial journey will be helped greatly when assisted by counsel from a wise coach.
Do YOU have a financial coach?