“What would you do if you had a million dollars?”
It’s a great question for anyone to ask themselves – because if you apply the tools and principles taught in I Was Broke. Now I’m Not., you will have a million dollars one day!
Today, I would love for you to share with us all: “What YOU would do if you had a million dollars.” – SERIOUSLY – I want to hear from you!
Many of you know that Mark Asbell is a huge part of this crusade to help others accomplish far more than they ever thought possible with their personal finances. He has been a tremendous help in growing this crusade at NewSpring Church and taking this message to the nation.
What you may not know is Mark and Shawna’s financial story. If you want to GET FIRED UP and BE ENCOURAGED – take 3 minutes to watch their story:
If you can’t view the video, click HERE.
If your financial story were put into a 3-minute video, what would you say?
“And there will be a party.” I’m going to that party!!!!
By the way, Mark writes a blog about money and relationships. You can read that HERE.
GET FIRED UP!!!
When was the last time that you sat back and dreamed about this question: “What would happen if I …?”
I’m not talking about “What would happen if I went to the store now versus three hours from now?”
I’m talking about asking BIG QUESTIONS like:
I wonder what would happen if I …
- got serious about KILLING MY DEBT?
- got off the couch and put my jogging shoes on?
- went to college and got the degree I’ve always had a passion for?
- asked her to marry me?
- asked a business leader to mentor me?
- started that business I’ve always dreamed of?
- took a chance on myself?
Here are some big questions I’m asking myself:
I wonder what would happen if I …
- hired more team members to further reach this nation with this crusade?
- wrote two books each year?
- asked everyone associated with this crusade to make a commitment to focus on teaching one person in their life how to win with money?
- gave away even more resources for free?
- took this crusade to other nations?
- took this crusade to the radio and to TV?
- took this crusade to the nation’s capitol and helped this NATION become debt-free?
Those are some of the BIG QUESTIONS I am asking myself.
I would love to hear some of the BIG QUESTIONS you are asking yourself!
It is hard to be told the word, “No!” Just observe your children when you utter this word to them!
As hard as it is to be told, “No!”, it is even harder to say this word to ourselves. After all, don’t we know what is best for us?
Let me tell in on a big secret:
NO actually means YES
When you tell yourself NO right now, you enable yourself to say YES to something more important in the future.
- Saying NO to another video game purchase allows you to say YES to funding their college fund
- Saying NO to a new car now allows you to say YES to funding your retirement account
- Saying NO to a little vacation now allows you to say YES to funding a dream vacation later
- Saying NO to a kitchen upgrade allows you to say YES to giving money to a worthy cause
- Saying NO to debt now allows you to say YES to pursuing a dream job even though it pays less right now
See? NO equals YES!
Have you ever said NO (even when it was hard to do so) and it allowed you to say YES later to something more important? Share your story in the comments!
You may have wondered why there was silence on the blog for most of the past week. It was because I was able to kidnap my bride away from our two beautiful children and do something we have never done before – go on a cruise through the beautiful Caribbean!
As we boarded the 991-foot long Caribbean Princess bound out of San Juan, Puerto Rico for St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, and St. Lucia, I was overwhelmed at how blessed I really am! I can not believe that I am so blessed that I am able to take such a tremendous vacation – and to do it without debt.
I just want to share a picture (click on the picture to get a better view) and a few things that I love about taking “paid-for-in-advance” vacations.
Top 5 Reasons I love taking “paid-for-in-advance” vacations:
- No debt follows me home
- Able to totally enjoy the trip – knowing we saved for it!
- Total relaxation knowing that we funded a dream – and lived the dream!
- Able to negotiate a better deal because we had to plan early to save for this trip!
- My bride is happy!