As I travel this nation on this crusade to help people accomplish far more than they ever thought possible with their personal finances, I see many people who want to win with their money but they aren’t.
If that is you, read the list below to see if any of the below apply. The GOOD NEWS is that you CAN win with your money! Be sure to check out our FREE financial tools HERE.
In no particular order, here are the top reasons I see that people are not winning with their money.
- Inability to say NO (to themselves, spouse, and/or children)
- Shiny Stuff Syndrome
- Lack of financial education
- Spouses not working together
- Lack of giving (rarely do I see selfish people truly win with their money)
- No savings (it is impossible to win financially if you do not save)
- Unwilling to take risk with any investments
- Listening to the wrong (and broke) people
- Impulsive spending decisions
- Failure to carry health and disability insurance
Would you add any reasons to this list?
I recently listened to a keynote speech delivered by Dr. Kevin Elko.
He made a passing statement that really caught my attention. In fact, three days after hearing it, I am still thinking about it and have even dreamed about it!
Here is the statement:
“If you lost everything you had today and got it back tomorrow, tomorrow would be the greatest day of your life!”
THAT is so true! We can get so focused on what we do not have that we totally forget what we do have!
It has really challenged me to continually align my focus on being thankful for what I do have. I hope it does the same for you!
Many people that I meet who are TOTALLY B-R-O-K-E have all the appearances of being wealthy.
- Have a great job
- Have a great education
- Started out life on a middle-class launch pad
- Wear awesome clothes
- Drive a super nice car – like a Mercedes
They go home and park that car in front of a trailer – or in front of a 100%-financed house. They use a credit card to buy their food and gas. Their credit is trashed. And they wonder why they can’t ever seem to get ahead.
It’s called “STUFF-ITIS”. It is being afflicted with the DESIRE TO LOOK GOOD, and it is accompanied with the lack of ability to prepare and follow a real plan that allows them to prosper.
It is called – “All hat and no cattle.”
If this is you, TODAY is the day to set yourself free. Here are some practical steps you can take:
- YELL really loud
- Announce that you are SICK of living this way!
- Resolve to STOP signing up for any more debt.
- Prepare a spending plan BEFORE your next paycheck arrives and PLAN every dime before you actually receive it (FREE budgeting tools HERE).
- FOLLOW the plan!
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 EVERY SINGLE MONTH!!!
I like Mercedes. I like nice things. But NOT when they rob me of greater things. Who’s with me?
Pastor Daniel Floyd and Pastor Jeremy Pickwell of Lifepoint Church in Fredericksburg, VA introduced me to an old MadTV video that AB-SO-LUTE-LY applies to poor financial management.
There are just TWO WORDS that need to be applied … Watch the video to discover these two magic words.
Can’t see the video in this post? Click HERE to view it on YouTube.