- Obtain new auto/homeowner's/renter's/motorcycle/boat/etc. insurance quotes from at least three companies – HERE is a great way to get those quotes.
- Use coupons when shopping for groceries and use them when the products are on sale (I really like CouponMom.com – it is FREE!)
- Before purchasing anything on-line, ALWAYS go to RetailMeNot.com to see if a discount code is available.
- Dump the home phone (or try out the magicJack – costs around $20/year)
- Dump the cable
- Before purchasing anything – use a price comparison website to see where you can purchase that item for the cheapest price (like FRUCALL)
- Rent movies from RedBox – they are only $1/day (but you can get FREE rentals if you visit RetailMeNot.com – see #3)
- Be flexible and use PriceLine.com or Hotwire.com to negotiate travel costs.
- Drink water from the water fountain instead of from a plastic bottle that costs $1 or more.
What other saving ideas can you share with us?