Dave Ramsey spoke at Catalyst on Friday morning. He spoke about unity. He is my hero.
Here are some statements that I wrote down during his message.
- Don't talk about your problems with people who can't fix them. That's gossip!
- No one got anywhere by saying, "Ready, aim, aim, aim, aim, aim …"
- We bale our hate mail
- Christian hate mail ought to be an oxymoron
Dave has built a team from the ground up and now has 250 people crusading full-time to teach people how to win with money. He is the key reason I am debt-free and able to crusade full-time to teach people how to win with money.
At the end of his message, he shared his thoughts on the economy. His thoughts?
- God is in control.
- Fear is driving the market. God is not the author of fear.
- The market has always recovered in the past – even in extreme, dire circumstances.
- Gold is worthless in a failed economy. Take New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina for an example. Gold bars were worthless, but bottled water and cans of gas were unbelievably priceless currency!
Thanks, Dave, for doing what you do. You are my hero.