I recently wrote about 17 ways to ruin your life financially. Many of you shared some additional ways too – and they were great!
It is important that we circle back on a few of these because I am passionate about a few of these. One of them is health insurance.
According to The American Journal of Medicine – more than 50% of all bankruptcies are due to medical bills. In their report HERE, most of those who filed for bankruptcy were middle-class, well-educated homeowners.
Seriously, with a 100% mortality rate, the chances are pretty high that someone in your family will get ill. If you do not have health insurance, you are positioning yourself to fail financially instead positioning yourself to prosper!
If you don’t have insurance, GET A QUOTE, find out the cost, and at least get major medical coverage!
Do you have any horror stories of not having health insurance?
I had the honor and privilege of speaking at Revolution Church in Canton, GA again this weekend. Amazing things are happening there!!! They were in the middle of a teaching series called “How To Ruin Your Life”. My message was focused on “How To Ruin Your Life FINANCIALLY”.
You can watch my message HERE in the next day or so, but I wanted to share my list of top ways you can RUIN your life financially. Just in case it is your goal to ruin yourself financially (if you do, that’s weird and you should get that checked out!)
How To RUIN YOUR LIFE FINANCIALLY:
- Spend more than you make.
- Buy stuff you cannot afford.
- Ignore God – don’t ever return the tithe and don’t ever ask Him what He wants you to do with the rest
- Refuse to learn how to become a better money manager.
- Spend every dime you make – never save any money.
- Believe the lie that more money will solve your problems.
- Go to college for seven years to get a four year degree – even worse, don’t get the degree.
- Never plan your spending.
- Always say, Yes, to your children and spouse.
- Fail to work together with your spouse. Even more, get a divorce.
- Have a bunch of children out of wedlock and owe child support to three baby mamas.
- Have all of your investments in one basket.
- Don’t have health insurance.
- Don’t pay your taxes.
- Start a business without any money and no plan.
- Co-sign a loan for a broke friend or family member.
- Marry someone who is irresponsible, has horrible credit, and piles of debt.
What would you add?