I taught over 500 young people about money at West Ridge Church in Dallas, GA recently, and it was INCREDIBLE! I was teaching from my book, What Everyone Should Know About Money Before They Enter The Real World.
Here is what stood out to me:
- They were very energetic – but also paid attention very well
- The compound interest example captured ALL of their attention – even the 6th and 7th graders!
- Young people dream more than adults
- Their dreams are much less impacted by the potential financial cost
- They are just more passionate about life – period!
- Most of them are more aware of money and money issues than the young people I was teaching five years ago. I think the global recession has caused this generation to truly pay attention to money.
- They clearly know that it is EZ™ to win with money!
I am excited to bring the crusade to the Portland, Oregon area THIS WEDNESDAY – March 16th – at Mountainview Christian Church (Pastor TJ Southard).
We will be training financial coaches on Wednesday afternoon with the Financial Learning Experience that evening at 6:30PM. At the same time, a member of our team will be teaching the youth how to PREVENT financial mistakes in the first place.
I’m FIRED UP!
If you are in the area, I would love to see you there!