I love the "tabs" feature that Firefox (and now Explorer and every other browser) has. Tabs allow me to have more than one "home page" for my internet browser. This allows me to have a routine of reading websites I want to make sure I read on a consistent basis.
Here is a list of the finance web pages I read every single day:
- CNN Money This is where I obtain a lot of excellent information regarding legislative changes that impact personal finances. I also like the regular features on "Millionaires In The Making"
- My Money Blog Jonathan writes excellent detailed blog posts that relate to how he is using his cash to fund his short-term and long-term dreams.
- Lazy Man and Money The Lazy Man writes about personal finances as well as how to earn money on the internet.
- Saving Freak This guy is a FREAK when it comes to saving money, and if you read his blog you will find out how to save a ton of money also!
Those are the four personal finance web sites I read every single day. Which ones should I add to my list?
I am FIRED UP to be teaching the Financial Learning Experience in Fairfax, VA this weekend (you should come)!
Here is the line-up:
Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:30PM – 5:00PM
Guest on the Don Kroah Show on WAVA, 105.1 FM. You can listen on-line, if you want. I will be talking about I Was Broke. Now I'm Not. and the Financial Learning Experience being held at Fair Oaks Church on Sunday.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Hang out with family in DC.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Speak at Fair Oaks Church at 9:00AM and 10:45AM
Teach Financial Learning Experience from 2:00PM – 4:00PM. It is FREE and has FREE CHILDCARE! You can register HERE.
I am PUMPED!
Don't believe me? Go read Lazy Man and Money's post HERE.
This type of article is why I get up FIRED UP and PUMPED UP to do what I do. I am passionate about helping people make GREAT decisions with their financial resources so that their children can be PROUD of how their parents managed their "stuff".
I am passionate about helping become financially free.
Here is something I have discovered as I speak to people throughout the nation. Many pastors are struggling with their own finances.
This leads to many issues, and here are some of them:
- Fear. Scared to talk about money because they are intimidated by their own financial situation.
- Hypocrisy. Teaching on the Parable of the Talents while mismanaging their own money.
- Loss of call. When one is perpetually broke, it is hard to stay committed to one’s call.
- Stuff-itis. When a person is broke, it is easy to fall into the trap of believing that some “stuff” will satisfy and make things better. It is a lie, and the pursuit of “stuff” can easily tear one from their true calling.
Maybe you can add more, but here is the deal. I believe that Christ-followers should manage their finances according to God’s Word. You can call me crazy, but I believe that the leadership (pastors and staff) should MODEL this. Pastors should not be highly leveraged in debt and trapped in stuff-itis.
And here is the key: It does not have to be that way!
If you are a pastor who is struggling with your finances, we want to help you. My team is available to provide FREE confidential one-on-one financial counseling for you. We provide this service on-line, and it works. We are not going to sell you anything.
Of course, our time is limited, so we only want to counsel pastors who are COMMITTED to making a change in their finances. Your commitment is to participate in at least three consecutive monthly sessions. The first session will last 1.5 hours. The following sessions will last less than one hour. Your commitment is also to have your spouse participate in all meetings.
If you need help, and you do not know where to turn. We are here to help you. If this is you, click HERE and request counseling.
Tell us the following information:
- Your name (and spouse’s name)
- Your church
- Why you feel that you would benefit from financial counseling
- Your commitment to the process
We have been counseling pastors for the past three years, and the results have been AWESOME!
I can't believe I am writing this, but I am PUMPED and FIRED UP to say that I just ordered another 3,000 I Was Broke. Now I'm Not. Group Study Guides!
What started out as a dream to teach 100,000 people in the first five years of this crazy ridiculous crusade is becoming a reality! We are nearing 1/2-way there!!!
I have two things to say:
- I could not do it without you – the only way this crusade works is by you carrying the word to others!
- I can't believe I get to do this for a living!
I have had many people ask how they can support the crusade. Here is my answer: Buy these resources and give them away to others.
Thanks so much for making this possible!