You know you have financial freedom when …
- You forget when payday is.
- The car engine blows up, and you just go pay cash for another one.
- You are not afraid to tell your manager that he/she is wrong and that there is a better way. (I have seen many people who are afraid to tell their manager this for fear of retribution or loss of their job. That's too bad … I believe that most managers would love to have their employees tell them when they are wrong!)
- You lose your income and your savings allows you to live for months without incurring any debt.
- You lose the fear of negotiating a better deal. (Seriously, if it costs more than $100, it is worth negotiating – including with services like doctors, dentists, chiropractors, massage therapists, house cleaning, cable, etc.
- Bill paying time takes a total of 30 minutes a month.
- You can go take the job you were put on earth to do … regardless of the income potential!
- You have enough.
What are some others?
Finish the sentence … "You know you have financial freedom when …"
My friend, Ricky, at Brady's Screenprinting, hooked me up with a new T-shirt.
What do you think?
There are still a couple of spots available for the upcoming "Teaching People About Personal Finances" roundtable that I am hosting on August 16th. For more information, click HERE. Right now, the farthest distance being traveled for this roundtable is from Dover, Ohio!
As I help people come up with their INCOME – OUTGO = EXACTLY ZERO budget (EZ Budget), I love watching the expressions and hearing the exclamations of those I am helping!
Here are some common expressions/exclamations:
- Utter SHOCK at how much they have been spending (especially on impulse items like "groceries", "food", and "cash withdrawals for who-knows-what"
- AMAZEMENT that it really is as simple as INCOME – OUTGO = EXACTLY ZERO
- Expressions of pain when INCOME – OUTGO equals something far less than zero. This typically means that they are going to have to pay a bill late. They say things like, "I can't pay that bill late!!! or "I don't want to do that!" Even though they have been paying them late for the past year!
- JOY! Oh man! I LOVE it when I see this! It is deep-rooted. It cannot be faked. It is true JOY because they KNOW that they can do this! They can win with their finances!
- HOPE. HOPE is what sets the human soul on fire! It allows one to do things we would not ordinarily do in order to reach a goal. When I see HOPE returning, I know that my crusade is paying off.
- The "I'm COMPLETELY stunned" look. Sometimes I get to typing too fast on the keyboard, and it can tend to baffle the one I am working with. No comments on this, please! Look. I play the piano, and I just type and work on the computer really fast. Sorry that it causes the screen to spin and cause epileptic seizures!
For those brave souls who have entered my office for help in taking your finances to the next level, I thank you! Thank you for allowing me to live out my dream – helping you accomplish far more than what you ever thought possible with your personal finances!
INCOME – OUTGO = EXACTLY ZERO
Anyone who has met with me knows this formula. It is THE formula that changed my financial future!
Today I focus on the OUTGO. Specifically, spending into savings.
"Huh?", you might ask.
Yes. Spend it into savings.
My goal is not to just help people pay their bills on time. It is not to just pay off debt. This whole thing is about getting folks to a point where they can accomplish far more than they ever thought possible with their personal finances! I want people to be able to achieve their hopes and dreams!
I want you to be able to take that trip around the world. I want you to be able to quit your job and start that business you have always dreamed of. I want you to be able to become a stay-at-home mother when the children are born. I want you to be able to have a nice, paid-for vehicle and home. Ultimately, I want you to be able to do exactly what you were put on earth to do!!!
That is why I say SPEND IT INTO SAVINGS. Pay yourself first. Pay it to the future. Invest for the future. However and whatever you want to call it – just do it!
Life is WAY TOO SHORT for me to sit around and wonder how I am going to pay the electric bill on time! I decided over five years ago that money was not going to be a problem in my life twenty years from then. One key way that Jenn and I have been able to do this is to SPEND IT INTO SAVINGS.
How much money did you save this month? Do you know? How much did you save for retirement? How much did you save to fund your dreams?
If the answer is ZERO, you are ROBBING YOURSELF yourself of your future dreams and hopes.
If you have saved zero, you should arrest yourself and charge yourself with financial mismanagement – a class "Z-minus" felony. Fine yourself $500/month for ten years and have your savings account collect the fine.
- www.JOESANGL.com is excited to announce that Joe will be teaching the Financial Learning Experience at Word Of Faith Christian Ministries in Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, August 25th. You can click HERE for more information! If you are in the Dayton, Ohio area, I would love to see you there!
In the personal finance classes that I teach, the very first thing I do is have people write out their hopes and dreams on paper. It is so POWERFUL!!! I think Oprah got it right when she says in her "Debt Diet" series that "people are walking through life unconsciously". We dream huge as children. We believe in our hopes. Then … We grow up and put all of that away. Many times we lose our way and wake up ten, twenty, or forty years later to say "Oh my goodness! I can't believe I have just wasted all of that time!"
I don't want that happen to you! I want you to be able to accomplish EXACTLY what you were put on earth to do! What is IT that you were put on earth do? Life is so rewarding when you can do what God has put you here for!
When you write out your hopes and dreams on paper, it is amazing how many of them come true.
Let me tell you of a dream that is coming true for me …
I learned of a person named Dave Ramsey in December 2002. Through his books and class (Financial Peace University), Dave spoke incredible truth into my life! Because of this man, Jenn and I became debt-free in 14 months! As a result of our debt freedom, we were FREED UP to go do exactly what God put us on earth to do!!!
Now, through some miracle, I have been provided the opportunity to meet with Dave in August.
I am living a dream … To God be the glory!