I recently received an e-mail from someone who participated in a Financial Learning Experience.
With their permission, I am sharing their e-mail with you today.
We have only two debts left! One is a small signature loan that we will pay off by this Christmas, and that will only leave our house! It should be paid off by next fall, but we are going to squeeze the budget tight and see if we can't make it happen a few months sooner! Don't worry you'll be one of the first to hear 🙂
[Husband] wanted me to send you these pics of our "Before & After Joe Sangl" trucks. The red beauty was my truck that we just sold a week ago. We had planned on sharing [Husband's] little Ranger until after Christmas, then buy a beater for me. But… believe it or not, a nice couple at church was getting ready to donate the green (ahem) beauty to Cars for Christ but decided to give it to us this week instead. Yes, it runs, and it will be our beater to see us through to debt freedom and maybe beyond!!! He's already nicknamed it the Green Hornet. And don't say God doesn't answer little prayers, as I wanted
my beater to be a manual transmission and have a backseat…the Green Hornet has both!
Thanks again for inspiring us & sharing the tools for this journey we are on. Can't wait til you come back to Revolution Church and inspire even more folks!!
Proud Green Hornet Driver
It appears that the proud owners of the Green Hornet have had their IHHE Moment. Congrats on the tremendous progress you guys are making with your finances!
If you have a story you want to share, I want to hear it! You can share your story HERE.
On Tuesday, I will be teaching the Financial Learning Experience at the NewSpring Church Greenville Campus.
On Thursday, I will be teaching it at the NewSpring Church Anderson Campus.
Here is what is AWESOME …
- The Financial Learning Experience is FREE.
- Dinner will be provided for folks who show up at 6:00PM and it is FREE.
- The Financial Learning Experience runs from 6:30PM – 8:30PM.
- Childcare is provided through the 5th grade and it is FREE.
- ANYONE can sign up for this class! So grab your family, your neighbor, your enemy, and your coworkers and register!
You MUST register. You can do that HERE.
I look forward to seeing YOU at one of these two Financial Learning Experiences!
I am PUMPED because I am in Newnan, Georgia and tomorrow morning I will be teaching the Financial Learning Experience at the Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce.
This event has been sponsored by StonePoint Church, and I will be speaking during StonePoint's Sunday morning service at 10:30AM.
That, my friends, is what I call a good weekend.
I can't believe I get to do this stuff for a living!
I have recently finished reading The Five Dysfunctions Of A Team written by Patrick Lencioni.
A GREAT book. If you are a leader, this book will cause you to think through your team in a new way and could quite possibly take your team to a new level of performance.
Here are some key points I took from this book:
- Everything we do should be about making the company succeed
- No matter how good an individual team member is, everyone loses if the team loses
- Fear of Conflict = Artificial harmony
- Boring Meetings = Unnecessary Meetings
- It is important for a leadership team to keep walls between their teams torn down. Teams naturally tend to move toward isolation and a "Those guys over there are terrible, but we have got our act together" mentality.
Well written. I read this book in five to ten minute sections, and I found that it was very effective for me to read it this way. It allowed me to process what I read and then come back to it later having thought it through.
Welcome to the latest series at JosephSangl.com – “Working Together To Win With Money”.
In this series, I will be writing about the benefits that Jenn and I have enjoyed since we started “working together to win with money”.
Benefit #3 – Dreams Get Funded!
This is one of the best results from working together with my bride to win with money! Because we work together on our finances, it leads to excellent conversations about what our dreams are.
We have tons of dreams … A new kitchen with granite countertops, a new master bathroom, paying for our daughter’s college education, paying cash for our daughter’s first house, giving away $1,000,000, starting a university, living for a year in downtown Chicago, traveling to Australia, Europe, and Asia, owning a 100 acre farm …
Quite frankly, the list of dreams goes on and on. BUT because we talk about them, some of them get funded. In fact, it is my belief that one hundred percent of the above goals will be funded during our lifetime. Why do I believe that? Because we have had many of our dreams funded already! Many of them were dreams that we did not think were really possible, but it is amazing what happens when you have a plan and work together to win with money.
If we fail to achieve all of our dreams, so be it. It will be a blast knowing that Jenn and I gave our best effort TOGETHER!
Keys To Obtaining Benefit #3
- Remove all distractions and take the time to have a great conversation about your plans, hopes, and dreams.
- Ask these questions of each other:
- Will these dreams cost money? How much?
- If we continue to manage money the way we are right now, will we be able to achieve these dreams?
- What is your most important dream? How can we start funding it right now?