“You can pay now and play later OR you can play now and pay later. Either way you have to pay.”
John Maxwell shared this thought while at the Stewardship Challenge conference in Baltimore, MD on November 9th.
I have thought a lot about his statement ever since. It sums up the facts so well!
I have met tons of people who have chosen to “pay now” who share these characteristics:
- Live on less than they earn
- Choose to invest for retirement and long-term dreams every month
- Save up for known upcoming non-monthly expenses (like Christmas, property taxes, vacation and annual insurance premiums)
Because they are “paying” now, they are going to be able to “play” later!
There are others who have chosen to “play” first, and it was fun while it lasted! Now the time has come to “pay”, and it is not so fun.
The choice is ours to make. Will we pay now and play later OR will we play now and pay later?
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I am extremely thankful for the blessings in my life.
Here is a short list of just some of the things I am thankful for:
- My family – all of them (all five brothers, my parents, my in-laws)
- Great health for my entire family
- My wife
- My daughter
- My unborn son (due to arrive in early February)
- A crusade (instead of a J.O.B.)
- Partners who believe in this crusade
- A great church
What are YOU thankful for?
Black Friday is a day that has come to represent a chance to obtain nice purchases at greatly reduced prices.
Here’s the deal, though. I have NEVER seen ANYONE save money by spending money. I have heard people say, “I bought this TV for $600, and I saved $300!” They did not SAVE $300 – they SPENT $600!!!!
It is an old marketing trick to tell the consumer about how much money they are saving when in reality they are spending a lot of money. In others, they want you to feel good about giving them your money!
On Black Friday, get a great deal for your money, but avoid debt! Most people that end up financing their Black Friday purchases will end up paying more in interest and finance charges than they “saved” on the purchase.
What are you going to be buying on Black Friday?
Here are some great articles and links that I have read recently:
- Ritchie Miller has been writing about money management from a biblical perspective
- CNN has an article that JUST MAKES ME ANGRY!
- Yahoo! Personal Finance has a guide that helps you teach your children about money (I am PASSIONATE about this topic – it is why I wrote What Everyone Should Know About Money Before They Enter THE REAL WORLD)
- I write articles every Sunday for the Business Section of the Anderson Independent-Mail – I love writing this article!
What are some great articles you have read lately?
I am FIRED UP by what is happening with this crusade to help others accomplish far more than they ever thought possible! We are seeing record crowds of people attending our Financial Learning Experiences, savings workshops and we are pumped about the number of resources that are being sold. Because of this, we are fulfilling our mission of teaching others and helping them go do EXACTLY what they have been put on Earth to do – regardless of the income potential!
This crusade is expanding because people like you are sharing these resources and FREE TOOLS with others! To thank you for your investment in this huge mission, we have some discounted resource offers available for the Christmas season.
Specials have expired. Click HERE to view current specials and all of our offers.